(1) Ed Olcyzk – Seems to have Mario’s support, but this team has too much talent not to win some games.
(2) Craig MacTavish – I don’t think the Oilers are underperforming, personally. But people around the NHL who overhyped them sure did.
(3) Randy Carlisle – I can’t figure out what the 05-06 Ducks have in common with so many of their teams in the past–Selanne and Salei?–but they just seem to have a loser spirit. It took a strong-willed coach like Mike Babcock to fix that, and now he’s gone.
(4) Mike Kitchen – I had to look this guy up, because I forgot who was coaching there. The Blues shouldn’t be that bad.
(5) Trent Yawney – Another case of expectations being higher than maybe they should have, but this team was supposed to be, well, like the White Sox.
Bonus pick – Wayne Gretzky – Maybe he’s a great coach, I don’t know. But his players have been reported to be intimidated to play for him, and he’s not getting the job done. Of course, because Wayne walks on water to 90% of the league, he’ll have to choose to quit himself.