The elections over, so there’s no more sense putting on a face. Let’s admit these things and move on.
• Kerry was a bad candidate.
• Tereeeeza was annoying.
• Dan Rather sucks.
• Bill Clinton isn’t going to save us.
• Hillary isn’t going to win in 2008.
• Identity politics perversely cause people to divide, not unite.
• Just about everyone on Air America except Al Franken is annoying and ignorant.
• NPR is for liberals
• Eric Alterman is annoying (though definitely not ignorant).
• You sound silly if you want to ban meat and legalise drugs.
• You are about 1,000,000 kids who forgot their Prozac & clad in black away from stopping globalization
• Criminals are bad
• Joe Conason is a hack
• Michael Moore isn’t credible to most Americans
• Not everything is Orwellian
• Michael Kinsley is a failure so far as Editorial Page Editor for the LA Times
• Bob Scheer needs to chill
• Arianna Huffington always seems to be right in hindsight
• Arnold is not a terrible governor
• Chaffee, Snowe, Collins, and McCain are not all going to switch parties.
Oh, and finally — this is especially important for people in Ohio: we lost.
(None of the above changes the fact that Bush is a terrible president, Rush Limbaugh is a drug-addicted hypocritical idiot, the environment is being destroyed, and global security is threatened, but you have to focus. Defending Dan Rather is trivial in the face of a potential war with Iran.)